Astral projection, also known as an out-of-body experience (OBE), is a phenomenon where your consciousness separates from your physical body and travels to the astral plane. With practice and dedication, astral projection can be done safely and allow you to explore higher dimensions.
What is Astral Projection?
During astral projection, your astral body (subtle energy body) leaves your physical body and traverses the astral plane. The astral body is connected to the physical body by a silvery cord. This cord keeps you tethered to your body so you can return.
While astral projecting, you may encounter your spirit guides or astral beings. You can also see yourself sleeping in your bed from outside your body. Your astral body will likely appear as a glow or outline of your physical self.
Astral projection is a natural ability we all possess. With dedication and practice, you can learn to astral project at will.
Is Astral Projection Dangerous?
For most people, astral projection is not dangerous when done properly. However, there are some risks for those with mental health issues or medical conditions:
- Those with dissociative disorders may have difficulty returning to their body or distinguishing the astral from the physical.
- People with heart conditions should avoid astral projection as the shock of returning to one’s body can be dangerous.
- Individuals who use drugs or alcohol can put themselves at higher risk if they astral project while intoxicated.
As long as you are of sound mind and relatively good health, astral projection is reasonably safe. Taking the proper precautions (detailed below) can help reduce any risk.
How to Prepare for Safe Astral Projection
To safely astral project, make sure to take these preparatory steps:
Set an intention
Before projecting, set a clear intention for what you want to accomplish or experience during your projection. Intentions help you remain focused once out-of-body.
Meditate for 10-15 minutes before projecting to calm your mind. Meditation relaxes your body and quiets mental chatter. Both make projection easier.
Use binaural beats
Binaural beats are special audio recordings that play different frequencies in each ear. Listening to binaural beats tuned for astral projection can help synchronize your brainwaves.
Practice projection techniques
Techniques like the rope method or picturing a doorway can help separate your astral body once in the proper state. Practice these beforehand.
Keep a journal
Record your projections and regularly review your journal. This helps reinforce projections as genuine experiences versus just dreams.
5 Steps for Safe Astral Projection
With the proper preparation, use this 5-step process to safely astral project:
1. Relax your mind and body
Lie down in a comfortable position and relax your body. Clear your mind using meditation techniques to reach a calm, meditative state.
2. Focus your intention
As your mind and body relax, focus on your intention to astral project. You may repeat an affirmation like “My astral body will now separate from my physical body.”
3. Imagine your astral body separating
Visualize a second body emerging from your physical body. Imagine yourself floating up and out through your ceiling.
4. Use a projection technique
Try the rope method or rolling out of your body. As you feel vibrations, use mind over matter to propel your astral body upwards.
5. Explore the astral plane
Once out-of-body, explore the astral plane. Interact with astral beings, seek spiritual wisdom, or fly over earthly locales. Remain focused and recall your intention.
Useful Tips for Safe Projection
Keep these tips in mind for safe, effective astral projection:
- Always focus on returning to your physical body before ending a projection. Fear of not returning can trap you out-of-body.
- Set protections like envisioning a bubble of white light around your body. This prevents negative energies from interfering.
- Begin projecting close to your body/room initially. Venture further as you become more experienced.
- Ignore any physical sensations like itches. Your astral body doesn’t physically itch no matter how vivid it feels.
- If you become frightened, repeat an affirmation like “I am safe and in control” to stabilize the experience.
Begin Your Astral Projection Practice
With the proper mindset and approach, safe astral projection is completely achievable. Start by attempting to project a few times per week. Record your experiences in a journal and reflect on what worked versus what didn’t.
Astral projection takes diligence, but the payoff is immense. Your consciousness explores magnificent subtle realms you can’t access physically. Bon voyage on your exciting astral travels!